In Detroit Michigan, Attorney General, Bill Schuette charges an Inkster man with sex trafficking of women on the streets. These women were being sold on websites like Craiglist or Backpage. AG Bill Schuette is making efforts to eradicate illegal sex trafficking of women and girls and even started a commission to combat it. We also need AG Bill Schuette to eradicate legal sex trafficking, i.e., ban strip clubs (aka female auction blocks), arrest strip club pimp owners, and also ban sexist advertising (both legal and illegal) of women from Craigslist, Backpage, and the Detroit Metrotimes. For more information about AG Bill Schuette’s efforts, please see: http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2015/06/ag_bill_schuette_charges_inkst.html
- Playboy Feminism™: how the gentleman’s porn rag co-opted the women’s movement 6/30/15
- “Retired activist” Puts Case Against Amnesty International to WILPF for Human Rights Week 12/4/15
- The Framing of Gender Apartheid: Amnesty International and Prostitution 10/13/15
- Women’s bodies as recruiting tools: How Louisville basketball welcomed high schoolers with paid escorts
- Following are recommendations of The World Summit: End Sexual Exploitation 2025, held May 11-12, 2015, at The Carter Center, Atlanta, Ga.